Your investment property is almost certainly one of your most valuable assets so it's not surprising that letting it can sometimes be a stressful business. However, it doesn't have to be that way.
As your letting agent our role is to:
- Attract good quality tenants
- Negotiate the best possible terms for you
- Oversee the day to day running of your property throughout the tenancy
- Ensure your rent is paid on time and in full
- When such time comes, return your property to you in exactly the same condition
We introduce reliable, professional tenants who will be thoroughly assessed and credit checked by an independent referencing agency. We aim to do this as quickly as possible as we appreciate the need to minimise rental void periods.
PEACE OF MIND
We can advise and take care of all your legal requirements when letting your property such as:
- Energy Performance Certificates
- Gas safety certificates
- Electrical safety and PAT testing
- Fire and carbon monoxide safety
- Non-resident Landlord Scheme for any landlord based outside of the UK
Offering a range of comprehensive, effective and efficient services we acknowledge the responsibility entrusted to us when handling your property giving peace of mind to both landlords and tenants alike.
OPTION 1 - TENANT FIND SERVICE / LET ONLY
What Does It Cost ? Our Tenant Find Service is 75% of first months rent (min fee £400+vat)
What Do I Get ?
We will :
- Advise with regulations of EPC's, Gas Safety Certificates and Electrical Test Certificates as required.
- Advertise the property To Let including Rightmove, Social Media, Local Publications & our own user friendly Website
- Market the property to our comprehensive data base of prospective tenants.
- Conduct accompanied viewings.
- Fully reference tenants, this will be conducted by an independent referencing company.
- Obtain a security deposit from tenants and meet regulations for deposit protection.
- Prepare and co-ordinate the signing of tenancy agreements and where applicable guarantor agreements.
- Guide you and the ingoing tenants on the Check In arrangements.
- Collect one months rent in advance of the Check In.
- We will then handover to you to complete the Check In and to manage the property.
OPTION 2 - FULL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SERVICE
What Does It Cost ?
Our ever popular management option is 50% of the first months rent (min fee £350+vat) with a management commission fee of 12% of the monthly rent.
For Landlords with multiple properties a discounted rate would be negotiated.
What Do I Get ?
We will :
- Provide everything under the tenant find service. Then Check In the tenants for you. This includes :
- Letting tenants in and providing keys
- Provide utility company's with relevant meter readings.
- Collect rent
- 3 monthly inspections of the condition of the property against the opening inventory
- Co-ordinate property maintenance/repairs using either our appointed tradesmen or yours as required
- Check out tenants when required, Including independent inventory check out.
- Forward your rent monthly less expenses with a statement of account
- Negotiating fixed term tenancy extensions and serving statutory notices as required
RENT GUARANTEE & LEGAL PROTECTION
If required we will arrange Rent Guarantee and Legal Protection Insurance for you with either the Tenant Find Service or Property Management Service.
Quotations available upon request.
GUIDANCE ON YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
We will provide information and guidance on your responsibilities as a landlord including :
- Gas Safety
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Safety
- Deposit Protection
NOT BASED IN THE UK?
If you are an overseas landlord (or planning to be) Roberts & Egan are fully equipped to handle the necessary preparations and documentation to ensure your full legal registration with the HMRC Non-Residents Landlord Scheme.